The Global Vegan Team
May the magic and the wonder of the holiday season stay with you throughout the coming year.
Recipe of the Month....
Organic Vegan Gingerbread cut-out Cookies
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
1/3 cup vegan shortening
1/2 cup crane sugar
1/3 cup vegan molasses
2 1/4 tablespoons hot water (170 - 185 degrees)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 F degree.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, ginger,
allspice, and pink salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar with fork. Stir in molasses, hot water and vanilla with spoon. Stir in the flour mixture until smooth, 2 minutes.
4. Cover dough. Chill 2 to 4 hours.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough. Cut out shapes. Bake on cookie sheet in 400F degree oven 8 to 10 minutes, depending on size. Cool on sheet. Decorate as you like.
6. Enjoy yummy organic homemade vegan gingerbread cookies, created by our Chef Marcus.